Our staff is committed to making your visit to Premier Orthopaedics of Lawton a pleasant and enjoyable experience. We work as a team and are committed to giving you the best customer service possible along with answering all of your questions.
Dr. Wayne A. Johnson: My approach to treating patients
“I believe that a knowledgeable patient can make the best decision about their orthopaedic care. That is why I take the extra time to listen to my patients and explain to them their treatment options–both surgical and non-surgical. Most of my patients never require surgical intervention. I utilize the state of the art medications and a skilled team of Physical and Occupational Therapists employing modalities and exercises with the goal of restoring patients back to their pre-injury levels. When Surgery is the best option for my patients, my goal is to use the least invasive and state of the art techniques to provide the best results possible. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you or your loved ones are in need of quality orthopaedic care with a personal touch. I try to take care of my patients the way that I would take care of my own family.”
About Dr. Johnson
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2001
- Howard University, Washington,D.C. – B.S., Chemisty 1982-1985
- Howard University, Washington,D.C. – Chemistry 1985-86
- Meharry Medical College, Nashville,TN – M.D, Medicine 1988-1991
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, CO – PGYI, Categorical Surgery Internship 1991-1992
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, CO – PGYII, Orthopaedic Surgery 1995-1996
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO – PGYIII-V, Orthopaedic Surgery 1996-1999
- Ryder Trauma Center-University of Miami, Miami, Florida
- Mini-Fellowship, Traumatology 1/01-2/01
- Southwestern Medical Center | Lawton,Oklahoma
- Great Plains Ambulatory Surgery Center | Lawton, Oklahoma
- University Of Oklahoma (SWO) Family Medicine-Asst. Clinical Professor | Lawton, Oklahoma
National Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
State Society Memberships
- State Medical Society
- Colorado Medical Society
- Colorado Medical Society
- State Orthopaedic Societies
- Oklahoma State Orthopaedic Society – President 2010-present, Vice President 2008-2010
- Clinical Orthopaedic Society
- Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society, Inc.
Specialty Society Memberships
- J. Robert Gladden Society
Additional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- University of Colorado Orthopaedic Surgery Alumni Society
- Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society President 2010-2011, Vice President 2005-2006 , current board member 2005-present.
- National Medical Association
- Former Lt. Colonel U.S. Army~Numerous Army Medals and awards~Army Parachuters Badge.
- Publisher of eight Orthopaedic Surgery publications.
- Presented ten papers/scientific exhibits/posters at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Western Orthopaedic Society, Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society, and Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons meetings.
- Henry O. Marsh Award 1997,1999~Gillette Academic Scholarship-1982-1986(Undergraduate)~Medical School Scholarship 1986-1991
- Head Team Physician – Lawton-Fort Sill Cavalry Basketball Team-Continental Basketball Association. 2007-2010, Premier Basketball League. 2010-present
- Cameron University Sports Medicine Head Team Physician-All Teams. 2003- present
- Board of Directors Cameron University 2006-present,Vice-President elect. 2010-present
- Orthopaedic Team Consultant – Lawton, Oklahoma High Schools (Lawton High School, Eisenhower High School, MacArthur High School)
- Cameron University Foundation Board of Directors
- Free Weekly Athlete Injury clinic every Saturday during football season 2003-present
- Associate Clinical Professor – University of Oklahoma S.W.F.P. Residency
Dr. Stephen Davenport
Dr. Stephen Davenport is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon at Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Davenport has served as a national instructor training other orthopaedic surgeons in different joint replacement techniques as well as computer-assisted surgery.
Dr. William K. Harris
Dr. William Harris is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery. He completed his residency training at St. Joseph’s Health Center in Warren, Ohio. Dr. Harris received his medical degree from A.T. Still University in Kirksville, Mo. and has been in practice for over 25 years.
Dr. Harris’ Care Philosophy
It is crucial to provide the highest possible quality of care to my patients with an approach that is tailored to their individual needs. This motivates me to “maintain” the highest level of training and clinical expertise. I draw on more than 25 years of experience in medicine to provide the kind of compassionate, high-quality medical care that I would want for my own family. My goal is to help my patients get back to living normal lives, with quality, as quickly as possible.